The only part of the recipe that was revealed on public in the famous Kentucky Fried Chicken Recipe was the 11 herbs. Though these herbs are published, no one has ever create something like the original fried chicken.
11 Herbs of Kentucky Fried Chicken Recipe
- Oregano, a herb which belongs to the mint family and is related to marjoram and thyme. As compared with marjoram, oregano is not sweet and has a stronger flavour and aroma. Since its flavour and scent is strong, it requires a little more cautiousness to use. Oregano found in the Mediterranean is milder than the Mexican variety. European oregano are available in the gourmet produce section in the supermarkets.
- Chile powder is a ground, dried fruit of one or more varieties of chilli pepper. If you will notice, the first thing you will taste in Kentucky Fried Chicken Recipe is the taste of this chilli powder. This is because, it has a prominent taste as compared to other herbs. Though the flavour is not as soothing as mint, chilli powder has the capacity to make simple dishes extraordinary in taste.
- Sage, this is a narrow, oval, gray-green leaves which has a slightly bitter taste. It also have a musty taste and aroma. A particular variety of this herb is known as the pineapple sage which has an intensely sweet pineapple scent. When choosing sage, you need to select the one with a fresher color and aroma.
- Basil, has a pungent flavour that is describes as a cross between licorice and cloves. This is the key herb in Mediterranean cooking and it is an essential ingredient of the Kentucky Fried Chicken Recipe. It gives a noticeable flavour that would be easily identified apart from all the herbs in the fried chicken flavor.
- Marjoram is a flavouring usually used in varieties of meat and vegetable cuisine. The flavour of this herb is so delicate and it is best to add this at the end of the cooking in order for its flavour and aroma not to dissipate completely upon serving.
- Pepper is used around the world to enhance flavour of both savory and sweet dishes it is because it stimulates gastric juices and digestive bonus as well.
- Salt is one of the oldest food seasoning.
- Paprika, the flavour of this spices range from mild to pungent and hot. The color of paprika ranges from bright orange-red to deep blood-red.
- Garlic has a pungent, spicy flavour that mellows and sweetens when cooked. It is one of the prominent flavouring that adds extraordinary spice in the KFC chicken
- Onion Salt substitute for a chopped onion. Usually have a more concentrated flavour.
- Accent Msg, a food additive and usually used as flavour enhancer.
Kentucky Fried Chicken Recipe Herbs and Spices
The use of these eleven herbs used in the recipe should be used cautiously because once these herbs are overly used, it will surely spoil the taste of the Kentucky Chicken Recipe.