This homemade KFC inspired fried chicken contains all kinds of tasty ingredients to make the best version of the most famous finger licking good fried chicken. Proper procedure of cooking will result in tender, moist, crunchy and tasty coating chicken ever made! The buttermilk, Worcestershire sauce, steak sauce and barbeque sauce gives the most amazing sweet and crispy buttermilk fried chicken. The garlic and onion powder will give you aromatic flavour.
The Buttermilk Kentucky Fried Chicken Recipe
This crispylicious, mouth watering buttermilk chicken should be cooked on a large skillet to attain a more tender and juicy meat. The chicken is prepared in a heavy batter of buttermilk and egg, followed by the flour seasoned with spices and fry into a rich golden brown. Remember not to over crowd the chicken in the pan in order for the coating to be crispy.
The ingredients for this recipe are:
1 chicken, chopped into serving sized pieces
1 tablespoon seasoned salt
3 cups all purpose flour
1 tablespoon steak sauce
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
4 cups buttermilk
1 cup barbeque sauce
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon garlic powder
2 cups vegetable oil
1 tablespoon black pepper
Preparing this extra flavory homemade Kentucky fried chicken recipe is quite easy. By simply following the procedure carefully, you’ll have the finger licking good chicken serve in your dining table.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, onion powder, garlic powder, seasoned salt and pepper. Mix it properly until even.
- In a different bowl, beat the eggs and whisk in the steak sauce, Worcestershire sauce, barbeque sauce and buttermilk.
- Once you prepare all the things needed for the chicken coating, on a big skillet heat the vegetable oil to 375 degrees F.
- To cook the chicken, dip it first in the buttermilk mixture, then in the seasoned flour. Do this twice to coat the chicken thoroughly with the spices and buttermilk.
- Put the chicken one at a time in the hot oil. Cook it for 10 minutes per side. Once the chicken is golden brown remove it from the skillet and place it over layers of paper towel. This will absorb the extra oil in the chicken.
Serving the homemade Kentucky fried chicken recipe
To serve this mouthwatering extra tasty, and crispilicious buttermilk chicken, serve this with coleslaw and mashed potato as. You can also add some green beans and roast potatoes. If you want to enjoy this fried chicken with a gravy, sauces or side dishes you can make easy-cook gravy and sauce recipes. You will surely enjoy this with a steak sauce or barbeque sauce with garlic. You can also put some chilli powder before serving to add some spice on it. This is the time to enjoy this homemade Kentucky fried chicken recipe with friends, so what are you waiting for? Share this finger licking good experience with them by serving this on your next dinner party!