A Kentucky fried chicken recipe sure is popular among home cooks and getting your hands on one will surely be a great privilege and a chance to give the famous recipe a try and serve it to your family at home. Although there are a lot of people who claim to have found the secret to this famous recipe, there still is something that only a home cooked meal can do and that is giving it your own taste. Doing this at home will allow you to have adjustments on the taste, to the size of every portion and so much more that you can do with it.
They say there is a secret formula into this dish and it used to only have existed in the mind of its creator. This secret is still a secret and the said 11 spices a part of its ingredient is still something that is yet to be discovered. This may be a sad thing but, you can still make something close to the original taste that people all over the world have come to love and crave for.
Kentucky Fried Chicken Recipe for your home: Ingredients
Make your own tasty treat with this kentucky fried chicken recipe in your home with these basic ingredients:
- 1 chicken (cut to serving portions)
- 1 tbsp sage (powdered)
- 1 tbsp rosemary (crushed)
- 1 tbsp marjoram (sweet)
- 1 tbsp oregano (crushed)
- 1 tbsp hot pepper (powder)
- 2 tbsp garlic salt
- 2 tbsp chicken soup bouillon (powder)
- 3 tbsp parsley ( dry & minced)
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp dry ginger (powder)
- 1 pack tomato soup mix
- 3/8 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 eggs
Kentucky Fried Chicken for your home: Directions
Combine all dry ingredients except the flour in a mixing bowl. Mix well and make sure that all ingredients have spread thoroughly. Use a blender if desired and do so in just 1 minute or until everything is mixed
Combine eggs in a separate mixing bowl and beat them well until the mixture has become smooth. Mix in the combined dried ingredients and beat again until fully incorporated.
Place the flour in a wide plate, bowl of pan or simply wide enough for the pieces of chicken to be easily placed and removed.
Drench every chicken piece with the batter of herbs and spices and roll on the flour making sure that it is completely coated. Shake off any excess of flour before setting it aside and ready for cooking.
In cooking the chicken, you can use a pressure cooker or a skillet with oil. Fry the pieces for about 20 minutes or until the chicken is completely cooked. Turn from one side once it has turned golden brown and do the same thing with the next. Be aware of the chicken being thoroughly cooked by looking at the meat near the bones for any presence of blood. If you find no blood, it is then cooked.
Set aside in a plate with paper towels then serve this Kentucky Fried Chicken Recipe to your family.
The only part of the recipe that was revealed on public in the famous Kentucky Fried Chicken Recipe was the 11 herbs. Though these herbs are published, no one has ever create something like the original fried chicken.
11 Herbs of Kentucky Fried Chicken Recipe
- Oregano, a herb which belongs to the mint family and is related to marjoram and thyme. As compared with marjoram, oregano is not sweet and has a stronger flavour and aroma. Since its flavour and scent is strong, it requires a little more cautiousness to use. Oregano found in the Mediterranean is milder than the Mexican variety. European oregano are available in the gourmet produce section in the supermarkets.
- Chile powder is a ground, dried fruit of one or more varieties of chilli pepper. If you will notice, the first thing you will taste in Kentucky Fried Chicken Recipe is the taste of this chilli powder. This is because, it has a prominent taste as compared to other herbs. Though the flavour is not as soothing as mint, chilli powder has the capacity to make simple dishes extraordinary in taste.
- Sage, this is a narrow, oval, gray-green leaves which has a slightly bitter taste. It also have a musty taste and aroma. A particular variety of this herb is known as the pineapple sage which has an intensely sweet pineapple scent. When choosing sage, you need to select the one with a fresher color and aroma.
- Basil, has a pungent flavour that is describes as a cross between licorice and cloves. This is the key herb in Mediterranean cooking and it is an essential ingredient of the Kentucky Fried Chicken Recipe. It gives a noticeable flavour that would be easily identified apart from all the herbs in the fried chicken flavor.
- Marjoram is a flavouring usually used in varieties of meat and vegetable cuisine. The flavour of this herb is so delicate and it is best to add this at the end of the cooking in order for its flavour and aroma not to dissipate completely upon serving.
- Pepper is used around the world to enhance flavour of both savory and sweet dishes it is because it stimulates gastric juices and digestive bonus as well.
- Salt is one of the oldest food seasoning.
- Paprika, the flavour of this spices range from mild to pungent and hot. The color of paprika ranges from bright orange-red to deep blood-red.
- Garlic has a pungent, spicy flavour that mellows and sweetens when cooked. It is one of the prominent flavouring that adds extraordinary spice in the KFC chicken
- Onion Salt substitute for a chopped onion. Usually have a more concentrated flavour.
- Accent Msg, a food additive and usually used as flavour enhancer.
Kentucky Fried Chicken Recipe Herbs and Spices
The use of these eleven herbs used in the recipe should be used cautiously because once these herbs are overly used, it will surely spoil the taste of the Kentucky Chicken Recipe.
Who would not want to enjoy the finger licking good of KFC fried chicken at home every day? I guess everyone else would really love savouring the taste of this famous chicken every now and then. However, the original Kentucky fried chicken recipe remains a trade secret up to this day. There are other who are desperate enough to replicate the original recipe, still no one has ever made a fried chicken equally delicious and worth finger licking as KFC chicken. Even the 11 trademark herbs are yet to be announced in public, no one has ever succeeded.